Wednesday, April 21, 2010


This is the piece that 'officially' got me to where I am right now, an artist. When I look at this I think it's kinda crazy how much I have progressed. If you can read the words in there it was a few days after breaking up with the girl I was into at the time. (Her name was Andrea li in case anyone wonders...hahaha.)

I'm not gonna lie, the first few months of painting were an alcohol and weed fueled sprint. I probably turned out 40 or so pieces. When thinking about how messed up I was, I'm not surprised I was so prolific. I had painted her something for Christmas, and had some left over paint tubes and thought to myself. "Hey isn't that what artists do, get drunk and high and paint their emotions out. I'm pretty glad that I stuck with it. It's nice to have this release, a chance to make the world a slightly more beautiful place, for those who don't find it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment